Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Why Me?

Don’t you just love getting in trouble for something someone else did. It is probably one of the most distasteful things in life. I can deal with many hardships, but being blamed for something I did not do brings out the anger in me. Therefore, it is ok for me to be angry! Right? No, it is not! I may not be responsible for the first event, but I am responsible for my reaction to the event.

Jesus Christ was not responsible for my sin, but He paid the price for my sin with His life. He did not get angry at those who put Him on the cross. He simply said, “Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.” He forgave them even though the people watching Him die in their place did nothing to stop his dying, but they simply thought of themselves and cast lots for the gaining of His garment. Christ willingly and joyfully died for my sin (Heb. 12:2). Why should I get angry when trouble comes because of someone else’s sin and foolishness? My anger only causes me more problems down the road. I am responsible for causing those problems, if not in full at least in part. Let us who are a child of the King not allow the sin of others to cause us to stoop to their level. Rise to the occasion as a godly person, “For this is thankworthy, if a man for conscience toward God endure grief, suffering wrongfully. For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.” May God richly you bless you as you struggle to walk close to Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment