Monday, August 16, 2010

Coffee Shop Day

How is your day today! I pray that when things go wrong, all is right. How’s my day you ask? Well I’m sitting in a coffee shop, watching people, doing the internet, writing lessons, and this blog. I normally do not get the privilege to sit in a coffee shop. Where I live there are no coffee shops except for my own kitchen, and yes, you are invited over for coffee, that is if you can find the middle of no place and you don’t freeze getting here. I’ll leave the lights on for you. Anyway I had to go to the big town in order to get new tires for my monster truck (Ford Excursion limited edition diesel). I’m told it will be a little over an hour. That’s nearly as long as the drive. So I thought I'd enjoy coffee at the coffee shop. While I’m there, the infamous phone call comes from the tire company. Other repairs are needed. Now I have to suffer and sit another 3 plus hours (I'd better not buy another Latté so I can pay for the repairs. Maybe I should go wash some dishes).

Later I arrive at the shop and the vehicle is not ready. The shop closes in five minutes. My wife needs the Ford early in the morning to run a bunch of children to VBS. What am I going to do? The shop foreman steps out and I took a moment to pray. This is when God reminds me in Jeremiah 10:23, “O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.” It sure wasn’t my plan to be here all day, have to wait till tomorrow afternoon to get my Ford, not able to complete the day's work, kids would miss VBS, and I would spend well over two weeks paycheck and get home late for supper, yet God is still Good. The shop foreman stepped back in and said, he and another mechanic would volunteer their time and stay late to finish the work. The work was finished with no extra charge. So I had a cold supper (not really, that’s what microwaves are for) and an empty wallet.

The realization came to me a few days later. The waiting on the unexpected vehicle repairs allowed me to get some needed rest away, which I was unaware that I would need. The Ford runs great with increased mileage and the steering is safe for my wife and family. The kids made it to VBS. I checked with my local mechanic in the church and he told they did a great job at a better than reasonable cost. I made a new two new friends. (I owe them a box of Dunkin Donuts). Need I say more? Trust God! He will guide you well.

No comments:

Post a Comment