Saturday, July 31, 2010

COMMUNICATIONS

One things I have learned over the years is that people really do not communicate very well. They often claim they said, something, when they actually only thought it in their minds, and did not verbalize it to the one they wanted to communicate. Often one simply reviews it over and over in the mind so many times they believe they have communicated it. Another mistake made is the assumption that the other person knows and understands simply because they communicated words toward them. Only God knows all, understands all, and knows the correct method and means of dealing with all situations. Yet, this is what we expect others to be able to do. Yes, we expect them to understand, not simply try to understand. We expect them to know what we mean, not simply to strive to know the meaning. And when they fail to live one’s expectations, we quit on them. First we quit within our heart, while actions continue to appear supportive. As things proceed downhill, one eventually quits all together. Quitters become losers and they fail to prosper.

You know, I’m glad God did not quit on me. I clearly did not understand Him. Yet, God continues to reveal Himself a little at time, despite my foolish understanding of Him and despite my stubborn rejection of Him. Jesus left heaven and suffered in human body (which allows Him to know firsthand what life is like as human) and then He died upon a cross simply so I could communicate with Him. Now that I have become a new creature (2 Cor. 5:17) there is no greater joy of communication. John said well in 1 John 1:3-4, “ That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ. And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.” Yet this blessing of communication only comes by way of Jesus Christ. John 1:12 tells us “But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name.” Now that I am a son of God, I get the great privilege of communicating to the one who knows what I mean, and understands who I am, especially when I try, but fail to communicate my thoughts to Him. True communication brings great joy.
The Wonder

No comments:

Post a Comment