Thursday, July 29, 2010

First Post - Life Changing

What does one say in his first posting? There are many different directions one could expound. Yet, I think I will begin with a personal testimony, not of myself but of the greatness of the Savior and what He has done in my life for His glory. It doesn’t make much sense to me why He puts so much time and effort in the likes of me, but I do know one thing. You are important, and since God was willing to reach down to rescue me, He most certainly will reach out to you and marvelously transform you if you will allow Him to, through simply trusting in Jesus Christ. Let us begin.

I was reared in a religious home, but did not know the Lord. The Lord began revealing the truth of salvation to me in a very interesting way. Unknown to myself, God was at work through events and circumstance which I only recognized after I received Jesus Christ as my savior. My desire was to join the Air Force. Yet, I failed my hearing test in Denver Colorado for the military. Later I had it check and it was normal. Due to not being accepted into the military, I decided to go to the University of Wyoming. During the first week at UW, I made a phone call and dialed a wrong phone number. This event brought me in contact with a real Christian believer who shared the gospel of Jesus Christ with me for the first time in my life. After struggling with the truth of salvation for two months on November 4, 1979 just before midnight, I knelt down in a study dorm lounge, recognizing I was a sinner and in need of forgiveness. Understanding Jesus Christ is the only one who could set me free from sin, because He shed His blood upon the cross and paid for my sin, I asked Jesus to forgive me, come into my heart, and be my God.

My life was changed dramatically. Jesus Christ is now my Lord and Savior. Living a life free from the bondage of sin I realized others should know this great blessing, therefore, I changed my major to education in order to learn how to be an effective teacher. Later, during my junior year of college God called me to ministry using Isa. 57:15. I was graduated from the University of Wyoming and went on for further Biblical training.

The Lord has blessed me with an awesome wife and wonderful children. The road has not been easy, Yet, God never promised an easy road, but one of refining assurance in fulfillment as well as the gift of eternal life. I hope you will join me as I share many life truths the Lord has taught me from the Holy Scriptures. May God enrich your life by bringing you to know Jesus Christ, the greatest relationship and friendship of all eternity.

The Wonder

No comments:

Post a Comment