Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Truth of Crucifixion (Part-2)

The first of the three uses of the Word “Crucified” is found in Galatians 2:20. I refer to this use as being crucified to sin. “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." This is what is call the new-birth. The Law demands punishment for sin, and the punishment for sin is death (Rom. 6:23). Jesus died upon the cross and paid the price for all sin, past, present, and future. Yet, one must accept Jesus’ payment for sin, or one must make the payment him/her self. Jesus Christ is offering each person a gift to become legally dead to the law (Gal. 1:19). Jesus Christ is offering to pay for your sin personally. All you have to do is receive His payment from the cross. Admit you are a sinner and accept by faith Christ’s payment. Then God’s wrath is not only removed from sentencing one’s soul to eternal damnation, but one also receives the blessings of life in Christ Jesus. Which is why Paul said, “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." The life one lives is free from the bondage of sin. It is a life lived through Christ Jesus. Without this legal justification one does not have the position to claim God’s promises nor enjoy God, and results in the next two truths concerning crucifixion in Galatians not making sense. Be sure you have new life in Christ, because, you have died and been resurrected with Christ through faith in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment